Wednesday, January 26, 2011

omg

I'll let Invader Zim explain how I feel...



Seriously though, I can't fathom what's going on with my back.  Maybe the interwebz can help me figure out what's going on.

It started last week.  The weather had been so dry that my hands were cracky.  However, my decision to use a whole bunch of hand lotion right before bed proved to be a bad idea the following morning at yoga.  Every downward-facing dog, I was slipping and sliding.  In an attempt to "suck it up" and press through regardless (not very yoga, I know), I dealt with it the way my years of dance training taught me to: muscle through.

Not very comfortable, no.  But downdog isn't all rest, right?  I figured it would help engage my upper body a bit more.  However, I found I was using my back more than anything.  And in a weird way, at that.

Long story short, ever since that morning I've had soreness, inflammation, and a lot of discomfort right around my thoracic curve.  It's bad enough to make sitting still difficult for longer periods of time (my 3-hour class today was rough), and it seems to be getting worse.  It's a strange pain... sort of like that tension you feel right before your back pops, but mine won't pop (and I've aggravated it more by trying).  Ice feels good, so does heat, but it won't go away.  It's not particularly sharp, more of a dull ache, but an ache that, again, seems to be getting worse.

I should see a chiropractor, huh?

No comments: